I always think it’s smart to check-in with any goals you make along the way, don’t you? Helps keep you on track. These are my New Year’s resolutions & the status of my “things I’m looking forward to in 2010” list, one month in:
- Be more FIT. I said I would stick to a gym routine – which has only been quasi-upheld with a crazy January work schedule, but I’m eating even better & exercising more on the weekends (something I never really did). Weekends also tend to be my downfall because I don’t always eat right: this has also changed. :)
- Volunteer. I’ve signed up with BostonCares.org to volunteer. I went to orientation & now just need to sign up for some volunteer projects!
- Save money. Hmm…NOT as successful as I would like. I have continued to transfer money into my ING account, but I wouldn’t consider it a real “win” just yet.
- Reading More: Yes! I’ve been reading an amazing book Malcolm Gladwell called The Tipping Point. A. Maze. Ing.
Some of the things I’m looking forward to are also quasi-resolutions. Two of them (volunteering & saving money) ARE resolutions & are also listed above, but others can also fit the mold:
- Visiting Syracuse: (fingers crossed!) I have a tentative Syracuse trip planned for March. If all goes according to plan, I’ll be visiting the ‘Cuse the weekend before St. Patrick’s Day. :)
- Cooking more: I’m doing a little more of this, but not enough!
- Taking more pictures: Yes. I’ve been better about this.
- Getting back in touch with old friends I think this is easier said than done, but it’s getting there.
The others (“a hot summer,” “weddings” and “not moving”) haven’t happened (or not happened) yet, but I’m still looking forward to them.