I was DYING to see Kell on Earth to see what they show about the PR world.
Here are some of my key take-aways from the first show:
- Is so much swearing necessary? I really think you can get your point across without swearing at people.
- The flip side? I think Kelly really loves her staff. Er…maybe it’s a love/hate relationship.
- She makes a really good point: “America is going through a really hard time right now” & you have to protect your business. Yes. Completely agree. With budgets being cut – and marketing and PR often being in the first things to get the boot.
- Robin: “It’s all based on details”
- LOVE how they talk about real designers. Love that. I guess I don’t know what I was expecting – but I love that they walked us through fashion week with real designers.
- WHOA WHOA WHOA – Kelly Cutrone is friends with Ashley Dupre, the woman who slept with former NY Governor Elliot Spitzer???? WHOA.
- (two seconds later…) SHE WAS ON THE SHOW???
- Kelly’s assistant annoys me…his hair is too long (I don’t like long hair on guys…) & he’s kind of annoying…at this that’s my first impression
- I DO love how she tells it how it is with media. At one point, she kicks out a photographer before a show. he comes afterwards, and she says “you get this shot, put it up on your Web site & we’re all good.” Fantastic.
- Kelly & Robin live in the same building as work? That would make it impossible to have a life apart from work (I would think). However, I think it’s fantastic it’s a live/work building since Kelly’s daughter lives with her in the building given her hours.
- Good point: “You have to know the ins & outs of every detail.”
- Another good point: “Just because you delegated something doesn’t mean it’s going to get done.”
The verdict? I love it.